Roulette, meaning “small wheel,” is a game of gambling. In this article we plan to discuss different types of roulette bets. In standard roulette the betting are categorized into two types: Inside bets and Outside live roulette bets
Here the bets are placed on specific numbers or combinations of numbers located inside the number layout on any roulette table. The kinds of Inside bets are
1. STRAIGHT BETS: In this case you bet on a particular number at a time. The payoff is 35 times of the betting amount. This is the most popular type of bet.
2. SPLIT BETS: Here the betting is done on two adjacent numbers. The chip is placed on the line separating the numbers. The payoff is 17 to 1.
3. STREET BETS: You bet on 3 different numbers in a row. That’s why it is called three numbers bet. This is played by placing the chip on the far line of the highest number in the row. The payoff is 11 to 1.
4. CORNER BETS: This is a bet on a block consisting four numbers and the chip is placed at the centre of the block. The payoff here is 8 to 1.
5. LINE BETS: This a bet placed in 2 adjacent rows of numbers, each row having 3 numbers. The payoff is 5 to 1.
Outside bets on collective groups of numbers are placed on the outside layout of the table. Different kinds of outside bets are
1. COLUMN BETS: In this bet you get a particular column of numbers from the three possible columns of numbers. The payoff is 2 to 1.
2. DOZEN BETS: Here the entire table is divided into 3 groups of dozen numbers. You can bet on the next spin of wheel that will end up on a particular dozen numbers. The payoff here is 1:1.
3. RED OR BLACK: For this type the betting is made on the color of the number, red or black. You bet with the assumption that the ball will land on a number either red or black in color. The returns are 1:1.
4. EVEN OR ODD: Here you bet that the next spin will lead to an odd or an even number. The payoff is 1:1.
5. LOW OR HIGH: For this the bet is on that the next spin will end up on any number between 1 to 18 (low) or on any number between 19 to 36 (high). Returns are even money, i.e., 1:1.
The roulette table has minimum and maximum limits set. So your sets of bets must be within these limits, though one is generally allowed to bet any amount in roulette as casinos are fairly flexable.